Aroma therapy

The small town I live in is far enough off the beaten path that my morning walks are fairly quiet and uneventful, except for the occasional illiterate motorist who can’t decipher speed limit signs. What I have come to expect, even to look forward to, is a profusion of sweet smells.

Along the path I walk, there are small pockets of flowering shrubs. These aromas are heavenly, so pure and wondrous, that all you want to do is linger, breathing in the fragrances.

The sweet tea lemon of magnolias, the honey butter of wisteria, the ambrosial nectar of honeysuckle, all intertwined with the spiced sugar of jasmine. The very air is candied, leaving a delectable taste on your tongue.

Even on dreadfully bad mornings, it’s difficult to stay distressed when faced with such lovely smells… my very own natural aroma therapy.

“Happiness radiates like the fragrance from a flower, and draws all good things toward you.”
~ Maharishi Mahesh Yogi

Honeysuckle

Jasmine

Magnolia

Wisteria

Coral red honeysuckle

White flowering redvein

Ligustrum

1. I love the smell — and taste — of honeysuckle. Brings me back to the days of living in northern Virginia as a kid.

2. Honeysuckle might just be my favorite scent in the world! The pictures are beautiful!

3. Beautiful. I can’t wait until flowers start blooming again here.

4. I love the smell of honeysuckle. It makes me feel like a kid again.

5. There is nothing like spring in Florida.
    I have all of that in & around my yard except the redvein. I just planted the jasmine last weekend, I bought it at a festival. It smells like heaven, I’m sure of it.

6. There is so much beauty where you live. The flowers are gorgeous. And I can almost smell them through the computer.

7. Oh, to live somewhere that flowers are already blooming. Spring will eventually come to my area as well. Thanks for giving me hope. 🙂

Join the discussion...