It’s the first Wednesday of February so I thought it was high time I resurrected the 100 Word Challenge. I’ve missed it, and going by the response my announcement got on Facebook, a few other people did too.
(I’m counting on youse guys, and you know who you are, to back me on of this and get your Challenge stories submitted. Remember, you don’t have to have a blog to participate. You can leave your story as a comment to each prompt post, or as a status on your Facebook page. It’s all good.)
I took a little hiatus around the same time I had knee surgery. Seems that my brain was part of my knee and when it got replaced, I sort of lost my self in whining and self-pity. I’m better now and getting out for photo hikes again.
More of those to come too… I hope.
So, to get back to business:
I’ll go over the rules.
1) I provide a one-word prompt.
2) Write anything you want using that prompt, either as inspiration or as part of your 100 Words.(That means you don’t have to actually use the prompt word, it can be implied.)
3) Your story has to be EXACTLY 100 words (because someone will ask, hyphenated words count as a single word.) This is the one rule I will be a stickler about.
4) Submit your story here as a comment, as a Facebook status, or as a blog post. (Add the specific FB status or post’s URL to the Mr. Linky list just under the prompt.)
5) If you write a blog post, please link back to this post. It makes it easier for me and the other Wordsters to find you.
6) You have one week to write your story and link up (The link stays open, so you can really submit stories whenever… this is the one rule I don’t really enforce.)
That’s it. Let’s get started. In honor of my son, my youngest spawn, moving out of the house on his own…
The word for this week is: