Therapy

I get more done before 7 a.m., before everyone else wakes up, than they get done all day.

I don’t demand anything. I don’t nag about broken promises, I just fix it.

You’d think that having clean clothes, hot meals, bills paid, all those nice things, they’d have a ‘thank you,’ for me every once in a while, but no. They just pick, pick, pick about all the stuff they think I haven’t done for them.

Is it too much to expect a little gratitude for all that I do?

I really couldn’t say, Ma’am. Here’s the change for your frappuccino.

1. Nice twist at the end Tara. I worked in a cafe once and it really is a place to hear all the gossip. Unfortunately for me I spent most of the time dropping stuff on the floor 🙂

Enjoyed

Ally

Liked by 1 person

2. Ha, that’s hilarious. I do that sometimes, very unintentionally. Relieving my burden to unsuspecting ears!!

Liked by 1 person

3. You made me laugh out loud. Lovely!

Liked by 1 person

4. Ha! Brilliant! The confessional has switched in modern days from the bartender to the barista 😀

Liked by 1 person

5. Your last line was a delightful surprise.
    I’ve worked as a bartender and waitress. I know how the person speaking that line feels!
    I also know the feeling of saying too much to people in such positions, and then feeling the fool.

Liked by 1 person

1. I bet baristas hear all sorts of crazy stories.

6. baristas, bartenders and hairdressers . . . . they hold the true confessional for us all.

Liked by 1 person

7. For a person who gets everything done before 7am, I guess the barista would have to take the place of the bartender 🙂

Liked by 1 person

1. I imagine that for people who frequent a specific coffee house in the morning, the barista could become an unwitting confidant.

Join the discussion...