Wifely duties

Two paint-stained sawhorses were set up in the yard. A dusty circular saw still attached to a twisted, orange industrial power cord sat cooling on one of the horses. Several panels of bare siding laid out in the driveway on flattened cardboard boxes were waiting for their first coat of white primer.

He knelt in her flower bed next to the house, a pencil tucked behind his ear, meticulously measuring a lay line for the next board. Amused, she stood to one side waiting for directives.

“It’s your wifely duty to serve me,” he grumbled.

She giggled. “You said, ‘doodie’.”

1. Yep, I giggled a bit too! Absolutely adorable. I’ve never done any sawing or painting – I’d probably be the one standing at the side and messing up everything.

2. tee-hee . . . doody . . . sounds like the convos each school day morning at our house . . . as the grands all chitter and chatter and breakfast with us.

Liked by 1 person

3. I giggled, because my husband says “You said ‘doodie'” and giggles all the time. He’s apparently still reliving his childhood…

Liked by 1 person

1. I’m the bad influence in my family. I also make “that’s what she said” jokes. I’m hilarious….

4. Loved this cute piece, very original- I never would’ve thought of it

Liked by 1 person

1. Much to the chagrin of my adult children, I have the sense of humor of an adolescent boy, and will make “doodie” jokes with given the opportunity.

Liked by 1 person

1. Haha, that is amazing

Liked by 1 person

5. Huh. I’m always recruited for this kind of stuff. It’s a ‘shared’ project. Unlike going to the grocery.

Liked by 1 person

1. I try to stay as far away from DIY projects as I can. I’m not a good assistant.

6. This cracked me up!! I think that would be exactly what I would have thought, had this exchange happened in my house!

Liked by 1 person

1. I have said very similar things.

7. Lol! A wife with a sense of humor. That was a really sweet piece.

Liked by 1 person

8. My wife is so much more practical than me. She’d probably be the one doing the sawing and painting.

Liked by 1 person