I’ve missed several weeks of photo hikes, and I can tell a difference in my general well-being. These outings were always a restorative exercise. A chance to spend time outdoors, with no worries, no deadlines, no plans other than to take pictures of anything and everything that catches my eye.
This weekend, I
want need to get away for another peaceful walk in the woods. In-between holidays – diet-wrecking Thanksgiving and family circus Christmas – it will be the perfect opportunity to decompress and re-assess.
Running through previous photo shoots, I came up with a list of my favorite hiking venues. Some wend through the woods, a few take in wide expanses of white sand beaches, a few others take me back in history, and a few more seems to take me to completely other worlds.
My biggest problem will be deciding where to go…
In no particular order, I give you the best photo hike experiences in Northwest Florida.
1. Tarklin Bayou State Preserve – Pensacola
2. Eden Gardens, Washington Point State Park – Santa Rosa Beach
3. Grayton Beach State Park – Santa Rosa Beach
4. Henderson Beach State Park – Destin
5. Camp Helen State Park – Panama City Beach
6. St. Andrew’s State Park – Panama City Beach
7. St. Michael’s Cemetery – Pensacola
8. Fred Gannon/Rocky Bayou State Park– Niceville
9. Big Lagoon State Park – Pensacola
10. Fort Barrancas – NAS, Pensacola
11. Fort Pickens, Gulf Islands National Park – Pensacola
12. Deer Lake State Park – Santa Rosa Beach
13. Turkey Creek Nature Walk – Niceville