It’s the thought that counts

dandelion seeds

They lounged on opposite ends of the couch reading books of opposing viewpoints. Her feet rested in his lap as his absentmindedly massaged her calf.

Laying down his book, he reached into his beard with both hands and raked it with curled fingers, coming away with a tiny piece of fuzz.

“Here, I made you something.”

A single raised eyebrow showed her disapproval.

“It’s fluff of happiness,” he said, handing it to her.

“What?” She asked incredulously, with a shake of her head.

“Better than lint of melancholy.”

“More like dross of insanity.”

He laughed, and she pocketed her treasure.

This week’s challenge is inspired by Big Mouth Strikes Again, by The Smiths

This week’s Studio30 Plus prompt is inspired by theinnerzonefluff of happiness

The 100 Word Challenge is to tell a story in only 100 words. This week’s theme is Beard

1. Short, sweet and hilarious. I love it.

2. That is such a lovely, tender moment. I love that they were reading as well. Lyssa M x

3. This was funny (but a little gross at the same time!) It’s like if my husband offered me toe jam or fingernail crud and tried to pass it off as a treasure.. not sure I could bring myself to take it 🙂

4. I suppose it’s better than belly button lint. Cute story.

5. This is such a cute post, Tara with great visual details – fits all the prompts quite well.

6. HA! I love how this shows that they’ve been a couple for awhile!

7. I love the juxtaposition of your couple – the opposites that old married couples sometimes find in their lives. 🙂

Liked by 1 person

8. He seems as silly as I am. Sometimes. I always thought that was a good thing.

1. It is a very good thing.

Join the discussion...