Every sky has its beauty

For the man sound in body and serene of mind there is no such thing as bad weather; every sky has its beauty, and storms which whip the blood do but make it pulse more vigorously.” ~ George Gissing

storm on the beach, black and white

Skywatch Friday begins its seventh season this week. We are sharing our favorite Sky today in honor of this anniversary, and in remembrance of SWF founder Klaus Peter, who passed away in August of 2011.

I joined Skywatch in March, 2009, while still at my now defunct blog, If Mom Says OK, then picked up again last fall here at my Notebook.

First published at IMSO on Sept. 17, 2009 (Episode 10, Season 4), I photographed this Sky at Crystal Beach, Destin FL.

Thank you, Klaus for creating this wonderful, and amazingly beautiful, international community.

1. Amazing photo. Makes me want to run outside, open my mouth wide, and capture raindrops on my tongue. Thanks for sharing.

2. You’ve done a terrific job with this photo! I like the dark stormy skies, the crashing waves and the abandoned beach chairs. You can feel the electricity in the air! Choosing black and white for this image emphasizes the feel of the storm.

3. Nice. I like the dramatic clouds in Black & White.

4. I really like this in B&W!

1. Thanks! The sky and clouds were naturally grey, so it seemed appropriate to make the entire image b/w.

5. This is a great image. I love the chairs and umbrella in the corner. Really well done. Have a blessed week-end.

1. Thank you. I thought the chairs added a nice perspective to the storm.

6. Fantastic sky shot.

7. Wonderful rumble of dramatic clouds over this delightful beach scene! Love the touch of the lone and empty deck chair!

8. that quote is so invigorating, it makes me want to stand out in the rain, just for the experience the drenching.

the picture is gorgeous, as all of your work is.

1. When I found that quote, I knew it would be perfect for this photo. It’s been raining here for more than a week. I need to get out to the beach and see what’s roiling out at sea.

1. well it was like the “perfect storm” wasn’t it?

The rain and that picture made the words of the quote JUMP to life.

1. It really was a fun one to photography. The clouds were constantly churning and rolling toward shore.

1. someday I’m going on a beach hike with you…it’s something I want to do: see those places through your eyes. 🙂

1. I would love to take you on a tour!

2. And I promise to be quiet for most of it…*Wink*

9. […] joined Skywatch Friday on July 4th, 2008 and took part until September, 3rd 2009. Having seen on a blog this morning that it was still going strong, I thought I would have another go. It is a beautiful […]

10. A great B&W photo, perfect for SWF!

1. Thank you Han, I always appreciate your visits.

Join the discussion...