Cafe con leche

cafe con leche

Whenever I visited Hilde, my adopted Cuban abuela, she would drink espresso from china demitasse cups she brought with her when her family fled Havana.

The afternoon I helped her scrape black beans off the ceiling when her pressure cooker exploded, she made me cafe con leche, and a love for sweet coffee was awakened in me.

swirl

Using an espresso machine, follow the instructions for brewing, using about 5 tablespoons of Cuban, Dark Roast Espresso Ground, packed, for each cup of water.

Add 4-6 teaspoons sugar (per cup of water) to the pot the coffee drips into, stirring the first few drips to make a frothy foam. You want the drink very sweet.

Combine one shot of sweet coffee to a small cup of hot, steamed milk.

Prompt #7: Share a favorite holiday recipe

Prompt #12: In 57 words or less, tell us about the best drink you ever had.

1. I don’t know if I can handle it that strong and sweet! Coffee that is, not my women 🙂

2. Now THAT is a coffee drink I could embrace! Here in Florida, Cuban Coffee is huge. I am not a regular coffee drinker at all, but a good cafe con leche, yum! And your story makes it so much more beautiful.

3. My husband would love this one. Beautiful response, Tara. Thanks for linking up!

4. Sounds delish! I love a good coffee drink. What a fond memory.

5. Me encanta este blog

6. The coffee cup is beautiful, as is the memory. How sweet. I LOVE coffee. This is a terrific drink recipe. Thanks for sharing with us!

7. That sounds amazing!

1. I try, but I still haven’t been able to make it like Hilde did. It was nectar of the gods!

Join the discussion...