Trust issues

Sweeping skies

“I know God won’t give me anything I can’t handle. I just wish he didn’t trust me so much.”
~ Mother Teresa

I have a Nietzsche quote tattooed on my right shoulder: “What does not kill me, makes me stronger.”

I believe that… I believe that the conflicts and traumas we endure can make us stronger, wiser, and more resilient. It’s just sometimes, day-um, I wish it didn’t come at me all at once. A little breathing room would be a welcome change of pace.

1. I heard a revision of that in True Romance and have lived by it ever since.. Nice job.

2. And it sends me straight to the Crowded House version “Everything is good for you, if it doesn’t kill you”

I think the Nietzsche quotation is cool, and I love that you have it tattooed on your right shoulder. But I’m more of the mind that somethings actually do weaken and threaten to destroy us. (I’m the ultimate pessimest today with a sick kid home from school.)

3. I prefer the line from Next to Normal: “What doesn’t kill you, doesn’t kill you.”

4. HOW TRUE IS THIS?! Very nice!

5. Yep, “What does not kill me, makes me stronger” has served me well, too. Hope you get some breathing room, though. It’s nicer that way for sure.

6. honey girl….yes yes yes. day-um. and i love that tattoo so much. xo.

7. Swirly deliciousness! Almost like God whipping up some really good pudding.

8. Whatever it is, just keep breathing and hang in there. You’re a tough lady, I think you’ll be okay. That sunset is breathtaking!

9. Know just what you mean, Tara. A slow trickle would be nice instead of the deluge. Hang in. It’s like emotional exercise. You’re working on your strength.

10. that’s an awesome tattoo