Cowboys and iron horses

crossing

The landscape sped by my window reminding me of the moving images of an old zoetrope. Hypnotized by the rhythmic clacking of the train’s wheels, I daydreamed of cowboys and iron horses.

It was his idea to ride the train to visit him. He wanted me to see the countryside, and have time to fall in love with it as much as he had.

The porter walked through, ringing a small, silver bell, inviting us to lunch in the dining car.

Calling me out of my reverie, the sweet music reminded me of his laughter and my decision was made.

This week’s challenge is inspired by “The Only Exception,” by Paramour

The 100 Word Challenge is to tell a story in only 100 words. This week’s theme is LUNCH

1. Eye-catching painting of a scene you did there. I could hear the clacking of the wheels and the bell ringing. Well done!

1. Thank you, Hala! The image is actually a photograph. There is a train museum near where I live, and it was dreary and rainy the day I visited. It made for an interesting capture.

2. I’m just now getting around to read some of the other stories. This is a great piece. Very well crafted and colorful.

3. I’ve always wanted to fall in love on a train…maybe someday in my dreams or next life?

Such beautiful words to accompany that incredible picture.

4. I love how you structured the last two sentences. It made your interpretation of the song very strong.

5. Great photo and wonderful story ~ thanks, happy weekend to you ^_^

6. I always enjoy your words Tara, but this time, the photo was so AWESOME, that it distracted me from your words several times. I like the words… but I LOVE the picture.

7. Your descriptions are so beautiful and set the scene well. From the clacking of the trains wheels to the silver bell, I could feel it.

Join the discussion...