Sweet dream kisses

dream lighthouse

Drift away on a sailboat of wishes,
O’er a stardust sea.
Silver moon lights the way
To a land of sweet dream kisses.
Close your eyes, count to three.
Tomorrow we shall play.

The Trifextra challenge this weekend is: tell a children’s bedtime story in exactly 33 words

1. Ohhh, gorgeous! I absolutely love this, Tara. I’m adding it to my list of “Trifextra pieces to read to my boys before bed.”

2. I can imagine a parent singing this to their child. Lovely.

1. Please don’t imagine me singing, it would scare all the babies.

3. It’s soo pretty and lovely!

1. Thank you Miss Hannah, so glad you liked it.

4. Lovely! Such a great feel to this, Tara. I might just read it to myself at bedtime. 🙂

1. Oh, please do, Suzanne! Sweet dreams…

5. Ohhh, I love a kiss before bedtime. This one was as sweet as the ones I place on tiny temples before the zzzz’s.

On the eve of kindergarten, I loved this one best. 🙂

1. Your little men are going to rock kindergarten. I can’t wait to hear all their new stories.

6. I especially love the first three lines. Well done, Tara!
    -Alicia Audrey

1. Thank you, Alicia. Those were my favorite too.

7. This is totally fairy tale-esque! It was peaceful and hopeful and lulling. And the end’s promise is perfect for anyone but especially for a sweet child. Miss this tucking in business!!!

1. The babies do grow up so fast… Thanks for your wonderful comment, Gina.

8. Ohhhh. So sweet and lovely. Perfect.

1. Thanks De, I’m so glad you enjoyed it.

9. These words make it impossible not to see a little chubby cheeked kid being tucked in by a loving parent, it’s just beautiful with just a little magic thrown in 😉

1. Thank you so much!

10. Calming and soothing, which is what you want.

1. Bedtime should be quiet and easy, even when it isn’t. Thanks for stopping by and reading.

11. Sweet story. The promise of play is something to look forward too.

1. Even for Big Kids like us. Thanks, Janna.

12. So beautiful and heartwarming. The promise of more fun tomorrow makes it easier to surrender to sleep, I think. A lovely little tale!

1. When our kids were young, and we had special plans, we’d tell them ‘two more sleeps’ or ‘one more sleep’ and getting them to bed in anticipation of a day of fun, was much easier.

1. Thanks, so glad you stopped by.

13. I really want to start playing today… This poem is like my life! Really, it is! And tomorrow I return to it, so I guess it’s true that I will only start to play tomorrow. How did you know? 😉

1. I can easily imagine that your life on the sea is like a fairytale.

14. Sailboat of wishes and stardust sea-now that is dreamy! Lovely 33 words!

1. Thanks Valerie. This is what I try to think of when I go to sleep…. instead of bills and dirty laundry.

15. I think that this is very much what those who issued this weekend’s challenge were hoping would emerge. Very sweet, gentle and utterly lovely. 🙂

1. Thank you, Tom! I was worried because is was more a nursery rhyme than a story.