A day at the beach

Friday morning I headed to Navarre Beach and Henderson Beach State Park. It was a clear day, a little windy, and the beach was nearly deserted. I need to enjoy the solitude while I can, Spring Break comes early to Florida and if the past few seasons are any indication, we’ll be inundated with college co-eds in a few short weeks.

I went on my photo hike a day early this week, so I could stay home on Saturday when we brought home our new fur kid, Asta.

You can click on any image to see a larger photo, or the series as a slideshow.

(Photos shot with a Nikon D60, using an 18-55mm, 55-200mm, 20mm f/2.8 wide-angle, 50mm f/1.8 prime lens, Nikon CoolPix S205 and/or iPhone4)

For more photos, please visit my Flickr photostream.

Unknown Mami

Submitted to Unknown Mami’s Sundays in My City

1. I will never tire of seeing your photographs. I think your surroundings are so lucky to be photographed by you.

2. So cool! I love how you can see those sunbeams.

3. Oh i love the picture of the shell.. All of them are gorgeous but that one spoke to me today. Thank you for sharing your beaches with us up north. It takes the chill away… 🙂

4. Beautiful pics and congrats on Asta!

Have a great week!
    🙂
    Traci

5. That one bit of shell is quite colorful, no?

1. It reminded me of our calico cat, Pollo. It was by far, the most colorful shell on the beach that morning.

6. The sun flare in the last one is just awesome!

7. Beautiful pictures. I love when the beaches are empty.

8. really like the orange and structure of that shell. Do you think the co-eds spring-break visitors are behaving worse or about the same?

1. Where we are on the Gulf, it’s not so bad. About an hour south in Panama City, it’s one huge beer kegger. MTV has its Spring Break broadcast and we simply wait for the first report of some drunk college kid falling off a balcony.

9. What gorgeous photos! And look at those shells…I would be in heaven! Happy Sunday…from another part of FL!

Join the discussion...