A walk in the clouds

“… not all those who wander are lost.”

~ J.R.R. Tolkien

When I go in my photo hikes, I spend my hours outside looking everywhere for something new, or interesting. I’ve knelt in wet leaves and lain prone in sand to get just the right angle on a shot. I’ve climbed on rocks and wended my way under bridges looking for a unique perspective on everyday things.

This weekend, I spent the entire day looking… up.

(Other than adding watermarks, cropping the first and last photos, straightening and resizing, no other editing was done to these images.)

Headed out

Beasley Park

Clement Park

Rocky Bayou

Fred Gannon boat ramp

Homeward

(Photos shot with a Nikon D60, using an 18-55mm, 55-200mm, 20mm f/2.8 wide-angle, 50mm f/1.8 prime lens, Nikon CoolPix S205 and/or iPhone4)

For more photos, please visit my Flickr photostream or my 365 Project Page.

Unknown Mami

I showed you mine, now show me yours

To see other city scenes from around the world, check out Unknown Mami’s Sundays in My City. Don’t forget to show the love to Mami and the other City contributors.

1. Wow, this is my favorite set yet! Such stunning colors and clouds and ocean colors. GORGEOUS. Makes me long for the beach!

2. explorer9704 May 7, 2012 at 3:56 pm

the two piers are my favorites!

3. There’s just something about those clouds at Beasley Park that keep me going back to that photo. Lovely.

4. I’d love to run on that white sugar. Most of our beaches have brown sand.
    These sky shots look so summery. We are still waiting for warmer days, right now it’s sunny but not warm.
    Have a good week ahead!

5. These are awesome. I especially like the second picture – the formations of the clouds above the sand. Thanks for posting.

6. Beautiful skies! Ours have been so gray and heavy. It’s nice to see some color and sun.

7. Beautiful perspective. I love your photo hikes.

Join the discussion...