Enjoying it while I can

As I did on Christmas Eve, I spent New Year’s Eve at the beach.

All of this gorgeous, warm winter weather has me a little concerned about the remainder of the season and that Mother Nature is saving up for something truly epic ~ apocalyptic epic, New Ice Age sort of cold.

I’m a little skeered. I don’t do cold well. I’m gonna enjoy this mild weather while I can.

(These photos were taken at Grayton Beach State Park and Ed Walline Park near Santa Rosa Beach, FL)

Dune Lake

Sand castles

Grayton Beach

Gulf Place

Beachwalk jungle

Cold blooms

Wintering at the beach

Drips

(Photos shot with a Nikon D60, using an 18-55mm, 55-200mm, 20mm f/2.8 wide-angle, 50mm f/1.8 prime lens, Nikon CoolPix S205 and/or iPhone4)

For more photos, please visit my Flickr photostream.

Unknown MamiTo see other city scenes from around the world, check out Unknown Mami’s Sundays in My City. Don’t forget to show the love to Mami and the other City contributors.

1. a really beautiful set! happy new year!

2. Oh those sand castles are equal parts sad (so lonely) and beautiful (signs of a good time had). Love that shot!

3. It’s mild here too – first winter in 80 years we haven’t had snow this time of the year!
    But the forecast is – snow this afternoon! I could fly to your beach – I’m not a winter person….

Happy New Year!

4. These are gorgeous! I love the sand castles.

5. The birdie and the drips are my favorite.

6. I’m a warm weather beach fanatic. When I see those pictures I see spring or summer.

In fact, you warmed me up today.

7. Wonderful photos, Tara. I’m on my way to Florida, so a nice temperate 75 degrees would be lovely.

8. I am with you, I don’t like the cold. Mother Nature is bound to hit us really hard very soon (at least here in the north). Meanwhile, enjoy the sunshine and mild temperatures!

9. I totally agree with you. It’s still in the low 30’s here in Chicago, which is pretty mild for January 1. I’m a little scared, myself!

10. LOVE the Beachwalk Jungle and the faucet! Beautiful! So it’s been unseasonably warm there too? Yesterday while running errands here, I saw people walking around in sweatshirts and playing golf! GOLF! In Minnesota! In December! But we finally got a little snow last night and it looks like winter is finally going to make an appearance.

Happy New Year!

11. I love the drips on the faucet as you drain out the last dregs of warm weather. I understood. I get skeered of cold weather, too. It’s not a nice feeling when one is near the water.

12. I love the picture of the bird. Happy New Year!

13. oh, mother nature, what have we done to you??? i feel you, girl. i’m having hot flashes, too.