Yin and yang

I really should do more archive recon before I head out on my photo hikes. An after-the-fact check showed me that Ponce de Leon State Park is my hot weather Go-To.

The twin springs, one clear and the other tannic, are natural air conditioning that bring a cooling breeze to the trails meandering along the water. I found the juncture where the red water and the crystal water merge. There is an undulating demarcation between the two creeks, like a sort of yin and yang. Appropriate, since the park is very relaxing and peaceful.

yinyang

ponceCollage

ghostfish

no 'room to spare

shingles

(Photos shot with a Nikon D60, using an 18-55mm, 55-200mm, 20mm f/2.8 wide-angle, 50mm f/1.8 prime lens, and/or iPhone4)

For more photos, please visit my Flickr photostream

Unknown Mami

Submitted to Unknown Mami’s Sundays in My City

1. Those are some great sights! Thanks for sharing 🙂

2. Wow, what a neat place. That clear stream is amazing. Without the shadow of the fish, I would barely be able to tell there is water.

3. Such a beautiful place! I love the shot of the fish. He looks like he’s floating above the water!

4. Gotta love it when one of your writerly friends uses the term, “undulating demarcation.” The hues of these Superior Snaps sparkle in an almost pastoral way. Yes, I realize you’re shooting water here, but “pastoral” still works, I think.

Liked by 1 person

5. Wow. These are amazing..the colors…the subjects. Great.

6. Your nature is full of surprises…
    Have a good week ahead!

7. What a beautiful park! Love the contrasts!

1. The park is just that. The springs are wonderful to swim in and cool off from the Florida heat.

Join the discussion...