Welcome to Two for Tuesday where your vocabulary and word choices will be tested. Two similar, yet distinct, words are offered for inspiration. The first prompt is an ordinary, oft used word, the second prompt is a little more expressive, maybe even unfamiliar.
Each word will include a definition to help get you started.
What to do:
- Prompts post on Tuesday morning; entry deadline midnight Monday, CST (5 a.m. Sunday, GMT)
- Write in any genre – fiction, memoir, poetry, horror, mystery, fantasy, romance, YA – your choice.
- You must use one or both prompts in your story – any form, any tense, as long as it is grammatically correct. (For instance, if you’re given a noun, and can use it as an adjective by adding “ing,” or change it to an adverb with “ly,” that is allowed.)
- Keep your word count to 700 or less. (Don’t worry if you go over, I won’t count.)
- If posting your submission on your own website, please link back to that week’s Thin Spiral Notebook prompt post.
- Add the URL of your website post (not just your website) to the Mr. Linky list, or if you don’t have your own blog, share your story in the comments section.
- Add your post link on the Our Write Side Facebook page for publication consideration on their reader blog.
- Please keep your stories PG-13 or under, and be sparing with the swearing. This is a family-friendly kind of place.
- Please include trigger warnings where needed.
- One submission per person please
This week’s words are:
Radiant and/or Refulgent
[adj] sending out light; shining or glowing brightly; shining brightly.>