Welcome to the Darkroom where i open my photo album and share a new picture each week to help spark your writer’s creativity. The photos are mine, but the story is yours to tell.
The Rules, because there are always rules:
What to do:
- Posts on Thursday morning; deadline midnight Wednesday, CST. (Thursday, 5 a.m. GMT)
- Photo prompt; can use as inspiration, or as the scene for your story action.
- Keep your word count to 700 or less. (Don’t worry if you go over, I won’t count.)
- If posting your submission on your own website, please link back to that week’s Thin Spiral Notebook prompt post.
- Add the URL of your website post (not just your website) to the Mr. Linky list, or if you don’t have your own blog, share your story in the comments section.
- You may also add your post link on the Our Write Side Facebook page for publication consideration on their reader blog.
- Please keep your stories PG-13 or under, and be sparing with the swearing. This is a family friendly kind of place.
- Please include trigger warnings if appropriate.
- One submission per person please.
Visit The Darkroom archive for previous prompts.
This week’s prompt: