Welcome to Two Word Tuesday where you can come to challenge your vocabulary and word choices. You will be given two similar, yet distinct, words for inspiration. The first prompt is an ordinary, oft used word; the second prompt is a little more expressive, maybe even unfamiliar.
Each word will include a definition to help get you started.
What to do:
- Prompts post Tuesday morning; entry deadline midnight Monday, CST (5 a.m. Sunday, GMT)
- Write in any genre – fiction, memoir, poetry, horror, mystery, fantasy, romance, YA – your choice.
- You must use one or both prompts in your story – any form, any tense, as long as it is grammatically correct. (For instance, if you’re given a noun, you can use it as an adjective by adding “ing,” or change it to an adverb with “ly.”)
- Keep your word count to 700 or less. (Don’t worry if you go over, I won’t count.)
- If posting your submission on your own website, please link back to that week’s Thin Spiral Notebook prompt post.
- Add the URL of your website post (not just your website) to the Mr. Linky list, or if you don’t have your own blog, share your story in the comments section.
- You may also add your post link on the Our Write Side Facebook page for publication consideration on their reader blog.
- Please keep your stories PG-13 or under, and be sparing with the swearing. This is a family friendly kind of place.
- Please include trigger warnings if appropriate.
- One submission per person please.
This week’s words are:
Abundant and/or Beaucoup
[adj] existing or available in large quantities, plentiful; much or many.