Died in the wool

They lied. They said it would only take twenty-one days until it became my new normal. I’d learn to adjust, maybe even enjoy the change. I could’ve told them on day one that wasn’t going to happen. You can’t prepared yourself for something like that.

I did try. The first few days were horrible. So many sensations to deal with, to try to sort out. After a week the pain had eased a bit, but I couldn’t shake those feelings of irritation.

By the end of the third week, the sisters figured out I was allergic to my wool habit.

1. Oh dear, how horrible! Great story.. cleverly told with that great twist of an ending!

1. It made me itch just thinking about it…

Liked by 1 person

1. Me too! but then, I am allergic to wool too 😦

2. Fortunately, they do make habits in a cotton/polyester blend these days!

Liked by 1 person

3. haha great twist and had me on my toes.

Enjoyed

Ally 🙂

Liked by 1 person

4. Nice twist… I wasn’t sure where it was going. That’s always a good thing. And I love the photograph.

Liked by 1 person

1. Thank you, Steph. I try to keep you all on your toes.

5. This is really interesting

6. I enjoyed this piece! Lovely little twist at the end, and very amusing!

Liked by 1 person

1. I tried to use the prompt in a different way than expected.

7. wait, you were a nun? !!!!!!

1. When I was little, I would take a white T-shirt and pull it over my head so that it covered my hair then tell my mom. “I’m a nun.” Her Southern Baptist sensibilities were sorely tested.

Liked by 1 person

8. oh, no!!! We wrote about the same thing!!! Love this. I should tell someday about the time we 8th grade girls delivered groceries to the convent at lunch time and . . . .

Liked by 1 person

1. I think it’s hilarious that our stories paralleled. Great minds and all that.