Greek chorus regulars

dive bar

White water rings, left by sweaty mugs of beer, shimmer on the oak bar like halos from stage lights. Gleeful asides from the Greek chorus regulars sustain the drunken drama until last call.

The Trifextra challenge this weekend is: Use water, ring, stage, plus 30 words of our own

1. it’s sad that I know this (type of) bar. 🙂

2. Such a unique take. Awesome work.

3. You’ve captured that bar atmosphere very well. Nicely done.

1. Thanks, and cheers!

4. What a tale a bar could tell if it could.

1. What a book that would make!

1. Yes! It most definitely would.

5. I’ve never been a regular at a bar, but I love the description of the rings on the bar.

1. With all three prompts, the first thing I thought of was those rings of water glasses leave on a table, then turn white if left too long.

6. Excellent piece! And I can relate a little more than I should probably admit;) You captured the atmosphere so well in this one!

1. Thank you… and it’s not like I drew on any of my own experiences.

7. Just fabulous, Tara. Thanks for sharing.

1. I’m glad you enjoyed it.

8. I love the theatrics and I may or may not have related to this sometime in my very distant past.

1. I may have been a Bacchus devotee back in the day too.

9. As a theatre nerd and someone who loves a good cocktail, I adore this piece!

1. I’ve always thought of bar regulars as a sort of Greek chorus, commenting on everything that was going on in the bar – like Norm and Cliff on Cheers.

10. I might have to go to the fridge after reading this.

1. I have a six-pack chillin’ in my beer fridge for later today.

1. That just made my trip a little more likely… 🙂