Everywhere a sign

painted road arrow

No signs or maps, no GPS electronic voice guiding me through backroads and highways. Moving along tentatively, one step, one inch at a time. Hoping the path I choose is the right one.

The Trifextra challenge this weekend is: a 33-word free write

1. KymmInBarcelona July 8, 2013 at 4:15 pm

I’m beginning to think the right road is the most interesting one, But maybe that’s just resignation talking.
    Great 33 Tara!

2. I am an odd sort of duck…because I like to read directions Once or go somewhere once and then try to get there again on memory, but i will put the GPS up (We have ones for both of our cars) to see what time I SHOULD arrive.

my mom told me when I was young that I always BOTH, never one or the other, always AND. Seems I have taken that into adulthood. 🙂

3. The metaphor is so strong.. but sometimes you have to go ahead without thinking to…

4. I’ve got writing on the brain (duh, don’t we all?) – this is how I feel with every piece I start, wondering where it’s going to go, and how I’m going to get there. Great job capturing that.

5. Tara,
    Your 33 words speak volumes. We can only know after the journey if we chose wisely.

6. Tara, this reminds me of the family reunion I attended last weekend. The area we met at was in the bottom of a small bowl canyon. Absolutely no cell reception and it was HEAVEN.

7. Tara-I have no sense of direction when it comes to traveling. I practically get lost going around the block. And as for the metaphorical sense of direction, I often feel like I’m still trying to find the right path, if there even is such a thing. I loved this piece!

1. Thank you. I want to believe that when we stop searching and questioning, that’s when we are truly lost.

Join the discussion...