Dungeons

pickens

Rebellion turns dungeons into crypts. Insurgents and dissidents, warring against injustice and despots, line the walls like so many trophies. Degraded, dehumanized, but still their souls remain free, their minds revolt against domination.

The Trifextra weekend challenge is to “to write exactly 33 words about rebellion and/or revolt.”

1. […] Dungeons (thinspiralnotebook.wordpress.com) […]

2. kymminbarcelona December 3, 2012 at 6:43 am

Great ode to the undying spirit. Also, your Xmas photos.

3. First of all, you’re WAY smarter than me, Tara. Could someone please get me a dictionary?

Secondly, great picture. Nice complement to your entry.

4. The mind and soul will not be prisoners. I love the pic. Makes me want to explore.

5. I like the image of nothing being able to really break you (unless you let it) coming through, that your heart/mind/soul have the ability to save you from the clutches of those that would hold you down.

I liked it. A lot.

6. trifectawriting December 2, 2012 at 5:57 am

I’ve got Burma on my mind when reading this. Great job, Tara. And I absolutely love your photo of the bulb in the sand. Swoon.

7. This is beautifully written and thought provoking.

8. Very cool piece (: I love how even if the body is confined, the soul and mind still revolt.

9. I like the souls remaining free part – so true!

10. […] See on Scoop.it – Steve Troletti Nature and Wildlife PhotographerRebellion turns dungeons into crypts. Insurgents and dissidents, warring against injustice and despots, line the walls like so many trophies. Degraded, dehumanized, but still their souls remain fre…See on thinspiralnotebook.wordpress.com […]

11. […] Rebellion turns dungeons into crypts. Insurgents and dissidents, warring against injustice and despots, line the walls like so many trophies. Degraded, dehumanized, but still their souls remain fre…  […]

12. No matter what prison humans may invent…they cannot imprison the soul…great work Tara.

13. I love the opening line. It’ so dark and realistic. Good 33.