Long may she wave

American flag unfurled

I take my freedoms for granted and complain when things aren’t easy or free. But I have a warm home to live in, cabinets full of food, books and music to enjoy.

I can walk down my street in peace, rant about my government without fear, rail against an unjust world, and sleep with my doors unlocked.

Happy Fourth of July

Prompt #21: Share what Freedom means to you
Prompt #21: Share what Freedom mean to you.
Submitted to Skywatch Friday

1. Well said, Tara. Now, will you please come over and teach my privileged kids that same appreciation??? :)

Thanks for playing Ketchup today!

1. Tara R. says:

Thanks. This one actually was the hardest one I’ve done so far. Maybe it’s good our kids take freedom for granted. I’d hate to have the alternative.

2. Yogi says:

Oh, I take my freedoms way too much for granted, that is for sure. Great photograph!

3. Kir Piccini says:

hope your holiday and the coming weekend are fun filled (and that the bean dip was delicious! ;) )

4. sylviakirk says:

You have said it very well, Tara, and it’s a great reminder for all of us! It’s easy to take so much that we have for granted! Thank you for the reminder! Great post and capture for the day! Enjoy your weekend!!

5. Lea says:

Happy Independence Day!
    Lea’s Menagerie

6. Mel says:

You say it perfectly! Beautiful piece and photograph. You have such a great eye!

7. deanabo says:

Happy Fourth of July my friend!

1. Tara R. says:

I hope you and yours have a great celebration today too.

8. Tracie says:

Happy Forth of July!

I am with you on all of that….except the sleeping with my doors unlocked. That is something I most certainly can not do.

1. Tara R. says:

There are places where I wouldn’t do that either, but for the most part, I still believe we are safe in our own homes.