Bare bones

trifecta meetup

Business first… Saturday I got to finally meet several of my favorite writers when a few members of Trifecta got together for lunch. (Clockwise, from bottom left: Lisa (Trifecta founder), me, Jessie, Scott, Jessie and Scott’s two chillin’, Deana and Lance’s two chillin,’ Deana, and Lance.) Thanks to our server Josh for being such a good sport and taking our family photo.

While the rest of the gang went back to the beach, or headed home or other parts unknown, I begged off of the crowds and went back the Bay Flats for my weekly photo hike. The tide was higher than usual, so I got the added pleasure of wading knee deep along the shore as I climbed over and around the bleached bones of fallen trees.

You can click on any image to see a larger photo, or the series as a slideshow.

(Photos shot with a Nikon D60, using an 18-55mm, 55-200mm, 20mm f/2.8 wide-angle, 50mm f/1.8 prime lens, Nikon CoolPix S205 and/or iPhone4)

For more photos, please visit my Flickr photostream.

Unknown Mami
Submitted to Unknown Mami’s Sundays in My City

Photo venue: Bay Flats Recreation Area, Choctawhatchee Bay, Villa Tasso, FL

1. Diane Turner says:

How terrific you got together, you talented bunch, you. And the photos are excellent. Thanks for sharing.

2. The driftwood is in really interesting shapes! What a gorgeous beach.

3. territerri says:

How fun that you got to meet up with a bunch of other bloggers! Looks like everyone was having a great time!

Looks like you had a beautiful day to be on the beach too. Great photos!

4. What a happy bunch and beautiful photos of the beach! I never tire of walks on the beach and photos of the interesting things you see there!

5. CyndyBush says:

You got some great shots! thanks high tide.

6. lisleman says:

“tide was higher than usual” – it was a supermoon this weekend. I like the one you called roots the best.

7. Yve says:

Looks like a good time! And you’ve reminded me that going to a rugged-looking beach is on my to-do list.

8. It was so fantastic to meet everyone. I’m still high, and I SWEAR it’s not the lingering effects of the margamarita.

9. BLOGitse says:

Hello, I can see you! :)
    Roots can look so beautiful……..
    Happy Sunday!

10. Molly says:

I love your beach locations they are so beautiful

11. Laurie says:

I love this set of photographs. The wood bleaching in the sun make for great photos, don’t they? Of course, the one with the face is a bit weird and cute at the same time.