Patchwork skies

storm clouds and pier

The sun melts away the dark clouds, revealing bright blue skies above the gloom. When it looks the bleakest, seek out the light.

Submitted to Skywatch Friday, Season 6: Episode 31

*Photo venue: fishing pier near Choctaw Beach, FL

1. Stan says:

Very well seen and photographed!! You have a nice strong foreground to balance the awesome sky; the pier takes you deep into the image; in fact, to the land across the water. Interestingly, the foreground, pier, land and back again creates a circle that keeps your attention in the scene. I’d also say that HDR was well applied to this. Final note, the white portion through the posts of the pier is a little distracting; so, a little burn here might improve an already wonderful shot. Cheers.

2. I really think this is beautiful!

3. Liz says:

Gorgeous shot of the dramatic sky. Happy sky watching.

My sky.

4. Wonderful sky drama happening here! Love this water view! My kind of world!

5. Diane Turner says:

Wonderful shot and the words are perfect. Thanks for sharing.

6. Peter B says:

Beautiful sky… I like the processing on this!

7. JM Illinois says:

Thank you for posting this wonderful image for Skywatch Friday. Lovely gray skies. The sun is just peeking through and adding that special lighting photographer’s always look for. You did good!
    JM Illinois

8. Eileen says:

Very pretty scene, a lovely waterscape. The quote is beautiful. Thanks for sharing, happy skywatching!

9. What a beautiful photo!

10. deanabo says:

Tara. You can’t make me choose which I like more. Both are brilliant!

11. Kir Piccini says:

I never know what’s prettier, your words or the picture. Today..the words.
    I am constantly seeking the light, looking for the bright spot in the dark.

Plus I really adored the name “patchwork skies”. It was whimsical.

12. Karen says:

A lovely capture, very calming.

13. Chris says:

Fantastic picture! I like the gangplank into the sea. Good composition!

14. mickie626 says:

What a lovely photo–your quote is one for all to remember and live by. Thanks for sharing an great post. Mickie :)

15. Steffi says:

Wonderful photo for SWF,Tara!Have a nice weekend!