Welcome home, Asta

She’s home!

After an interminable two-week wait, our newest fur kid, Asta is finally home.

She is the sweetest little, Lab-mix, and Asta’s older ‘sister’ Hershey is accepting her adopted sibling as if she was always a member of our family.  Po isn’t quite sure about Asta, but I think she’s warming up to her.

Our little girl is recovery from surgery and still limps, but can get around pretty well.

We found out that before she came to the rescue refuge where we met her, she had been seriously injured in a hit-and-run accident. She underwent reconstructive surgery to repair a broken hip. The pin can be removed in another month, and she should walk better after that.

Asta must have grown accustom to being outside, it a took a while before she would come in the house, but soon she made herself comfortable on her new bed.

We all have some adjusting to do, but I think she is fitting in perfectly into her Forever Home.

1. Kir Piccini says:

Well she is just beautiful.. Look at that doggie smile and yours too.. I can’t tell who I am happier for.. Her for getting a ‘mom’ like you or you for getting all that puppy love. So happy for your family, she’s a doll
    Enjoy her.

2. Dorothy says:

She’s adorable! I often wish for a great big farm-like place where I can have lots of dogs. Not that I don’t love the two I have now but more dogs is more happiness! So good to see her in such a good home.

looks like everyone is getting along. I hope Hershey lets little sister have a spot on the couch and bed.

4. Melisa Wells says:

She is so cute. Here’s to many years of mutual happiness!

5. Laurie says:

Asta is adorable. Thanks for sharing the adopted baby’s story.

6. Congratulations on the new addition to the family. She’s beautiful.

7. What a beautiful pup! I wish you loads of joy!

8. territerri says:

She’s adorable! Good to hear that she’s settling in comfortably and the other fur kids are making room for her in their home.

9. Beautiful beautiful baby. I’m so glad your husband duped you.

10. Aleta says:

Awwww, how sweet! Both of our pets are rescue animals. Wonderful that you have another fur baby :)

11. deanabo says:

How wonderful! I’m so excited for your family!

12. Diane Turner says:

Looks like a happy tribe. Bless you for opening your home to this sweet little baby. And I love that you call your home her “forever home.” Can’t wait to read more as the adjustment period continues.