A day at the beach

Friday morning I headed to Navarre Beach and Henderson Beach State Park. It was a clear day, a little windy, and the beach was nearly deserted. I need to enjoy the solitude while I can, Spring Break comes early to Florida and if the past few seasons are any indication, we’ll be inundated with college co-eds in a few short weeks.

I went on my photo hike a day early this week, so I could stay home on Saturday when we brought home our new fur kid, Asta.

You can click on any image to see a larger photo, or the series as a slideshow.

(Photos shot with a Nikon D60, using an 18-55mm, 55-200mm, 20mm f/2.8 wide-angle, 50mm f/1.8 prime lens, Nikon CoolPix S205 and/or iPhone4)

For more photos, please visit my Flickr photostream.

Unknown Mami
Submitted to Unknown Mami’s Sundays in My City

1. Sartenada says:

Gorgeous photos!

Liked by 1 person

2. unknownmami says:

I will never tire of seeing your photographs. I think your surroundings are so lucky to be photographed by you.

3. So cool! I love how you can see those sunbeams.

4. Kir Piccini says:

Oh i love the picture of the shell.. All of them are gorgeous but that one spoke to me today. Thank you for sharing your beaches with us up north. It takes the chill away… :-)

5. startraci says:

Beautiful pics and congrats on Asta!

Have a great week!

6. Keetha says:

That one bit of shell is quite colorful, no?

1. Tara R. says:

It reminded me of our calico cat, Pollo. It was by far, the most colorful shell on the beach that morning.

7. The sun flare in the last one is just awesome!

8. Traci says:

Beautiful pictures. I love when the beaches are empty.

9. lisleman says:

really like the orange and structure of that shell. Do you think the co-eds spring-break visitors are behaving worse or about the same?

1. Tara R. says:

Where we are on the Gulf, it’s not so bad. About an hour south in Panama City, it’s one huge beer kegger. MTV has its Spring Break broadcast and we simply wait for the first report of some drunk college kid falling off a balcony.

10. What gorgeous photos! And look at those shells…I would be in heaven! Happy Sunday…from another part of FL!

11. 4joy says:

sun, sea, sand, solitude – what’s not to like!

12. Molly says:

The bottom right image with the sun burst is fabulous!!!! What a truly great capture!

13. Judy says:

I can hardly wait to get to Florida to enjoy the beach. Your pictures make me very anxious to get there.

14. territerri says:

You really know how to capture the beauty of the beach. I’m not sure which is my favorite – the seagulls, the shell or the sun radiating down over the pier.

15. BLOGitse says:

Beautiful shots again. I can’t wait sunny spring days to come…

16. Wayne says:

What a wonderful set of pictures. The close up of the shell was particularly frame worthy.

17. Kathy says:

Gorgeous shots…I wish I lived near the water. Have a wonderful Sunday!

18. I’m planning a day trip to New Smyrna this week. I can’t stay away for long (and shouldn’t have to seeing as it’s a 45 minute drive). Your photos are so pretty… They’re making me want to go, like, -now-!

19. I wanna go to the beeeeeeach! (said in my whiniest voice)
    I LOVE the photo of the shell, those streaks of orange are just gorgeous.

20. Diane Turner says:

Absolutely love the one with the birds and the close up on the shell. Beautiful work. Thanks for sharing.