abandoned toy

Dried leaves, filtering through the collapsing roof, crunched under her feet. Walking from room to room, flashbacks from her childhood twisted through her memory.

The door long gone, she stepped over the threshold of the closet where she slept. A metal chest sat forlorn in the corner. Inside, she was shocked to find the remains of long forgotten toys and storybooks. When she picked them up, a photo fell out and floated to the floor. She picked it up and gasped, crumbling to the floor.

Her tears, soundless and bitter, fell. She had her proof. He couldn’t deny his sins.

For the Scriptic prompt exchange this week, Diane Trujillo gave me this prompt: When she picked them up, a photo fell out and floated to the floor. She picked it up and gasped.

I gave Major Bedhead this prompt: You buy an old camera at a thrift store, when you get it home you discover there is still film inside. Do you get it developed? If you do, what is on the film?

The 100 Word Challenge, theme this week is ‘Soundless’

1. Yeah, way to leave us hanging. I don’t know what’s worse, not knowing, or where my mind goes with it!

Well done! And this scriptic thing sounds interesting.

Also, am I the only one that sees a little green moss sheep in your photo?

2. Moody Val says:

Followed the 100-word challenge bloghop to find this little gem. I find 1.000 words a big challenge already, but when I see what you can do in 100 ….. Wow!!

3. Chelle says:

Oooohhhh, what are his sins he can’t deny????

4. Andrea Miles says:

Sure, leave us wanting to know more! I liked it, but I want to know more! :)

5. Kat says:

Way to leave us hanging!! But now I just want to read more!!

6. Carrie says:

I love that you only give us hints and that we get to determine in our own minds what exactly happened to this child so long ago

7. barbara says:

oh, Tara . . .

8. I like Diane’s prompt….Now, I’m going to go and think about it, and then write something…anything to keep me busy so I don’t think about things that I ought not to be thinking about today.

9. deanabo says:

Tara! This is so sad. Your write so well that I really get pulled into your work.