Curtain call

In the winter, it seems that sunsets are more vivid, more surreal. What many people don’t realize though, is that once the sun drops below the horizon, when you think the floor show is over, if they only stay a little longer, the curtain call happens.

Like many things in life, it’s not only the superficial that’s important, but what lies beneath, what follows after, that can be just as spectacular.

Just wait, the best is yet to come…

Sunsets are so beautiful that they almost seem as if we were looking through the gates of Heaven.” ~ John Lubbock

Submitted to Skywatch Friday, Season 6: Episode 26

1. Red Nomad OZ says:

I’ve been caught out several times by not waiting for long enough after the sun actually sets – especially when there’s a bit of cloud around!! Your great shot will (I hope) help remind me of the rewards of patience!!!

2. Mary says:

Absolutely stunning!

3. Poorna says:

Beautiful shot of sunset to close the year!!

4. Peter B says:

I’ve experienced the “curtain call” sunset before… about the time the camera and tripod are packed up, the sky lights up beautifully!!

5. You are so right, sometimes it lights up the clouds so beautifully, like you have captured here. Sometimes if you look in the other direction you get another beautiful sky! Love it!

6. Dramatic and stunning sunset!

7. territerri says:

Beautiful! So many colors!

8. very colorful and peaceful too !

9. So beautiful! Wishing you a blessed New Year from beneath this beautiful sky we share!

10. Steffi says:

Very beautiful photo!Happy New Year 2013!

11. Eileen says:

What a beautiful scene, such lovely sky and reflections. Happy Skywatching!

12. Chris says:

Gorgeous! I love the colours!

13. sylviakirk says:

I agree with you about winter sunsets, Tara, and you’ve surely caught a great example!! Such a beautiful and dramatic way to end any day! Thanks for sharing! Awesome! Have a great weekend!

14. HansHB says:

Great photo! Lovely sky!
    I wish you a Happy New Photo Year!

15. Absolutely. . Of course the sun is setting while I am at work, but soon after I am on the train going over the bridge – so one view is darkness, and the other, these last layers. Thanks for the reminder ;)

16. Kir Piccini says:

“what happens just as spectacular”
    oh yes.

Curtain Call just reminds of broadway and sitting in the first 3 rows and waiting to see what the stage has in store for me. Thanks for bringing that feeling to me with just your title.

and the picture is just glorious. The skies (even in PA/NJ) have been so lovely the past few nights on our commute home. (even without the ocean as a backdrop)

17. That’s it. I need to move back to the F-L-A. Sooner rather than later would be awesome.

18. lceel says: