Breaking the rules

death wish skateboards

“So which one did you decide on?”

“The redhead.”

“Why that one? It’s hideous.”

“I liked it, I think it made the boldest statement.”

“I still don’t understand why someone your age needs a skateboard.”

“It’s not merely a skateboard, it’s part of my New Year’s resolution.”

“What’s that? To break every bone in your calcified body?”

“That’s a nice speech. Just make sure you have a helmet and that your life insurance is current.”

Velvet Verbosity 100 Word Challenge
The 100 Word Challenge writing prompt this week is: Redhead
This week’s Studio30 Plus theme is: “Resolution and/or Blow it”

1. barbara says:

we went the motorcycle route . . . now it’s an exercise bike. A skateboard would kill us. :) But fun to try . . . once . . . :)

2. JazzBumpa says:

If your going to break the rules
    Doing it with a redhead
    Is the obvious choice

3. llcooljoe says:

““No, to break every behavior rule society demands for someone my age, to live my life how I want to, regardless of what anyone thinks.”

Amen to this!

4. deanabo says:

This is great! It’s different because you expect they are talking about a woman. I love the twist.

5. territerri says:

This makes me feel less silly about my secret desire to try snowboarding… even though I’m “too old!”

6. I liked it. :-) You might want to correct ‘helment’ though. ;-)

1. Tara R. says:

Dang! Where did that ‘n’ come from?

7. saintseester says:

I have some extra crystals around here. They look rest on a cast!

8. dxpepper says:

Can I be the first to sign the cast? And . . . I kind of want to go get a skateboard now!

9. I love your spin on 100 Words this week! I have been spinning my wheels trying to come up with something. This is fantastic!

10. Love this! Of course he picked the redhead:)

11. Kir Piccini says:

ah, well whatever takes you somewhere else right?
    I like how he called it the “redhead”, it brings to mind a woman, but then it isn’t…

guess she should be glad that his temptations are inanimate? (HA)

not EVERYTHING bad for you.

12. Ha! Definitely a new twist on the midlife crisis!

13. Sean J says:

Inspiring on so many levels ;) Thanks for sharing!

14. Ahaha. Sounds like the midlife crisis could only afford a skateboard.

15. What a great take on the Studio30 Plus prompt this week. I love it!