Lived in

Between my OCD-collector son, and “I-might-need-that” packrat husband, we’re one cardboard box from a Hoarders episode. The only time my home will be spectacularly clean is at my wake.

The Trifextra challenge for this weekend is to write a non-fiction submission of 33 words, which must include one of these two-word phrases: “cheap flights,” “sandwiched in” or “spectacularly clean.”

1. Tessa says:

Hoarders don’t use boxes LOL! They just dump it everywhere and pile it up! :-) Great piece!

2. trifectawriting says:

I didn’t read it as a metaphor. But I do agree that cleanliness might be overrated.

3. Nise says:

LOL! Beautifully done.

4. Kelly says:

My daughter just took a very similar photo of my grandson’s cars! Love it.

5. Sandra says:

One never “needs” something until one sees it! At least that’s how it goes when we try to get rid of some kiddos’ toys. This is great!

6. I can relate…nicely done.

you should take a picture of their clutter. would that “shame’ them into cleanliness?

i can relate. our girls’ rooms are ridiculous

8. rashmenon says:

ha ha ha! that was a good one :)

9. Gina says:

We are borderline hoarders in this house! I LOVE the accompanying photo. It’s perfect. Something never seems “right” to me when I see a perfectly pristine house.

10. Terrific picture – And I love the one cardboard box away from…Nice response, Tara.

11. I’m with the others on the photo – wonderful to match the words. Well done, as it made me feel a bit uncomfortable. I’m the opposite – everything goes.

12. Very wry and funny. Unfortunately, I seem to be two-thirds of your family!

13. Marie says:

I love that you always find a perfect image (from your own personal collection) to illustrate your posts. And I am a firm believer of less is more, yet there are some stuff that I just can’t let go (ask my mom and her basement holding my junk…)

14. Draug419 says:

Ha! This is wonderful (:

15. territerri says:

Love the cars. My son still has his collection… but his cars are not so well taken care of. They’re in a Rubbermaid bin.

I sometimes feel the same way. I often wonder how much stuff we’d miss if we did an extreme overhaul of every room and got rid of things we haven’t used in a year or more.