Rebellion turns dungeons into crypts. Insurgents and dissidents, warring against injustice and despots, line the walls like so many trophies. Degraded, dehumanized, but still their souls remain free, their minds revolt against domination.

The Trifextra weekend challenge is to “to write exactly 33 words about rebellion and/or revolt.”

1. kymminbarcelona says:

Great ode to the undying spirit. Also, your Xmas photos.

2. First of all, you’re WAY smarter than me, Tara. Could someone please get me a dictionary?

Secondly, great picture. Nice complement to your entry.

3. Gina says:

The mind and soul will not be prisoners. I love the pic. Makes me want to explore.

4. Kir Piccini says:

I like the image of nothing being able to really break you (unless you let it) coming through, that your heart/mind/soul have the ability to save you from the clutches of those that would hold you down.

I liked it. A lot.

5. trifectawriting says:

I’ve got Burma on my mind when reading this. Great job, Tara. And I absolutely love your photo of the bulb in the sand. Swoon.

6. Lumdog says:

This is beautifully written and thought provoking.

7. Draug419 says:

Very cool piece (: I love how even if the body is confined, the soul and mind still revolt.

8. jannatwrites says:

I like the souls remaining free part – so true!

9. Papparaci says:

No matter what prison humans may invent…they cannot imprison the soul…great work Tara.

I love the opening line. It’ so dark and realistic. Good 33.