That phone call

heaven help me

Sweet Mother of God! I adore my children, but heaven help me, some days I don’t like them very much.

Answer the phone!

Mom? Everything I did as a teen? I’M. SO. SORRY.

Rule of thirds

The Trifextra Challenge this weekend is to write anything, in whichever form, that is exactly 33 words, including the word “mother.”

1. jannatwrites says:

My kids aren’t teens yet, but I know what’s coming. And I can’t afford Swiss Boarding School :)

You captured the frustration well here.

2. I’m sorry for a lot of what I put my mom through, too. Thought provoking. I like it.

3. karen says:

Ha ha, that’s so bang on for so much of what happens, the repeat motif thing. My kids aren’t yet teens so … but you know, I’m much more with Patti — madly taking note of the hardest things of looking after aging parents who’ve always been difficult so that I don’t visit the same pain upon my children. I’m lucky though. I have a grandfather who made everything quite easy for others by aging reasonably … I’m aiming to be more like him.

Whoops! Now I’m all emo because I’m thinking about Gramps! Thanks!

4. Haha! I like how ‘mother’ is used as an exclamation here!

5. Libby says:

I’m not holding my breath to get that call, because if I did I would turn blue and die!

6. debseeman says:

Paybacks are hell right? At least we can have an “ah ha!” moment when we earn them.

7. Diane Turner says:

Beautiful! Perfect for Mother’s Day. I’ve received that call, too, but never got to make it.

8. I think my mother secretly loves watching me endure some of the crap my kids can dish out. Oh, and I will, too, with my own. :)

9. barbara says:

oh, I have gotten THAT phone call. I think I made it, too . . .

10. Patti says:

I love this. Perfect for Mother’s Day. A few years ago, after helping to move my Alzheimer’s-stricken mother-in-law from Florida to a Massachusetts assisted living facility, I wrote a note to my kids telling them I was writing to apologize for all I would put them through in the future, while I still could,

I’m envious. Your kids have told you theyre sorry. I hope mine do that someday.

this was easy to relate to because its so well written and delivered

1. Tara R. says:

I don’t think I’ll get that call from either of my kids until they are parents themselves. I, on the other hand, have made this call many times.

12. Marian says:

*giggle* you gonna make that call tomorrow?

13. A great job as always – you are the standard to measure by ;)

14. Any of my good deeds to her, I refer to as penance.

15. That is some real truth and wisdom there. Hopefully Mother’s Day won’t be one of those days. For any of us.
    Thanks for linking up. We hope to see you back Monday for the new prompt.

16. k~ says:

I love the various perspectives that are being displayed through this challenge. Nice write Tara.