Wrapped in a mystery

‘… a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma…’

Don’t take what she says personally. She’s like that with everyone, you never know what she’s really thinking. She’s an enigma.

Pfft! She’s knows exactly what she’s doing. Besides, ‘enigma’ has one too many letters for what she is.

Rule of thirds

Trifecta, a weekly one-word prompt, challenges writers to use that word in its third definition form, using no less than 33 words or no more than 333. The week’s prompt is: Enigma [noun \i-ˈnig-mə, e-\] 3: an inscrutable or mysterious person

1. Diane Turner says:

What a terrific use of the prompt, and the photo is perfect. Nicely done.

2. Whatever she is, she’s got people talking. This was a fun take on the prompt. Thanks for playing with us again. Please come back tomorrow for the new challenge.

3. Carrie says:

that picture is perfect for the prompt! And I love your take on it.

4. TheKirCorner says:

OH Tara, I love that…short and right to the point of that girl. I don’t think I’d ever enjoy being called an enigma..;)

5. Sarah Cass says:

HAHA!! OMG, I busted out laughing at the last line! Love the way you handled this!

6. I like this – Cuts the woman right down to size.

7. jannatwrites says:

This was funny. It’s a conversation I could imagine overhearing (if I were inclined to listen to 2 friends chatting :))

She’s an anime?

Seriously, the sass and style are well executed. Loved it.

9. k~ says:

That’s one way of coming at this. Nicely done Tara.

10. Haha! Yes, but if you add an a and spell it bi-atch, then they have the same number of letters!

11. Annabelle says:

Ha! I love how this cuts through the romanticism surrounding the concept of the “enigma” to bring it right back down to earth. And the last sentence is perfect.