A splash of color

I spent most of last week moving in slow motion. I had a routine medical procedure that took three days to prep, submit, and recover. It wasn’t drastic, or traumatic, just too freakin’ time consuming.

So, once the weekend arrived, I took full advantage of the gorgeous weather – sunshine, cool breezes, and fluffy clouds – and eagerly went on my semi-fortnightly* photo hike.

*Hubs tells me this means the same thing as ‘weekly’ – you can trust him, he’s a rocket scientist.

Rocky Bayou
A little color
Water lily
Tiger lily
All photos taken at Fred Gannon/Rocky Bayou State Park in Niceville, Florida.
Unknown Mami
I showed you mine, now show me yours

(Photos shot with a Nikon D60, using an 18-55mm, 55-200mm, 20mm f/2.8 wide-angle, 50mm f/1.8 prime lens, Nikon CoolPix S205 and/or iPhone4)

For more photos, please visit my Flickr photostream or my 365 Project Page.

To see other city scenes from around the world, check out Unknown Mami’s Sundays in My City. Don’t forget to show the love to Mami and the other City contributors.

1. evenstarwen says:

These are so gorgeous. The tiger lily one looks like a daydream.

2. unknownmami says:

I’m sorry the procedure took so much time, but I’m glad you are past it. I love the leaf photo.

3. Love it. You have so much beauty in your area, and I love that you take the time and effort to go find it. And share it with us. Not that I’m at ALLLLLL jealous of you, of course :) Love the little lizard? frog?

4. Heather says:

The water lily shot is gorgeous- I love the focus. Excellent shots, as usual.

5. Dysfunctional Mom says:

Photobomb make me giggle! And I just love “a little color”.

6. Diane says:

Gorgeous photos. Love the patterns on Photobomb, even the little guy in the corner.
    Thanks for sharing.

7. territerri says:

Love the Tiger Lily… it’s like a painting! (I think I’ve said the same thing about several other of your photos!)

8. Nise says:

Beautiful shots! I especially love the water lily. It just screams spring/summer to me. Peaceful.

9. What gorgeous shots. Love the mossy log, and the perfect fall leaf on the dead grasses, but to learn a new word too – semi-fortnightly – just a bonus!

10. explorer9704 says:

the bright orange leaf is a beautiful contrast against the twigs!

11. superrelish says:

Great pics. I love the little guy who played photo bomb!

12. Wow, who is the cool lizard hiding in the corner of that one photo? I’m envious of your hike. And love the title of your blog!

13. startraci says:

Semi-fortnightly sounds way cooler than weekly! Glad your procedure wasn’t terrible and glad you got outside. Your photos are always so stunning!

Happy Sunday!

14. BLOGitse says:

I really like your weekly shooting catches.
    Have a good week ahead!

15. k~ says:

Is that a snake in the photobomb? (to the left, top)

Love the bayou pic, reflections are something I enjoy. Nice pics all the way around.

1. Tara R. says:

HA! Not a snake, just a little painted lizard. I didn’t notice him until I looked at the preview on my camera.

1. k~ says:

Oh thank goodness! LOL… I spied him first grinZ.. see how I feel about those slithering sleuths?

16. Molly says:

It seems to have been raining here for about 3 weeks now. I miss the sun sooooo very much. Thank you for sharing a bit of your though

17. When do you start selling prints? That orange leaf just rocks!

18. Wayne says:

Loved the water lily shot!

19. Keetha says:

Semi-fortnightly. Ha! Did hubs come UP with that expression too? Since semi is half and fortnight is two weeks, it does all work out to weekly.

All the photos are beautiful, but for some reason today the orange leaf on the bed of dry pine needles is the one I like best.

20. Vidya Sury says:

Love that spotlight photo, Tara! Be well! And have a great week ahead!

P.S.: So did you indulge in that rhubarb pie?