A turn in the season

AccuWeather radar

Still a little wintry and grey around these parts, a nasty storm kept me inside on my normal Saturday photo hike day. Fortunately there was enough of a break in the cold and gloom earlier in the week for a short walk. Sunday morning was bright and shiny, a little chilly, but hopefully a turn in the seasons.

Moment of zen
Water neverwhere
Bay skyline
Still wintry

(Photos shot with a Nikon D60, using an 18-55mm, 55-200mm, 20mm f/2.8 wide-angle, 50mm f/1.8 prime lens, Nikon CoolPix S205 and/or iPhone4)

For more photos, please visit my Flickr photostream and my 365 Project Page.

Unknown Mami
I showed you mine, now show me yours

To see other city scenes from around the world, check out Unknown Mami’s Sundays in My City. Don’t forget to show the love to Mami and the other City contributors.

Best of the rest

More Weekly Winners photo galleries can be found at I am Lotus. Please leave a little comment love for our lovely hostess and the other WW photogs.

1. patois42 says:

Your captions always seem to fit so well. Love “Water Neverwhere.”

2. Heather says:

My cat Scruffy is so cute. I can’t wait to hold him soon ;) Loved the set this week- Especially the beach shots. I’m so excited for October now! :)

3. lexy3587 says:

beautiful pictures – I love the old fire hydrant, and the gorgeous windy beach.

4. Molly says:

The sky in the ‘still wintery’ shot looks very threatening.

5. unknownmami says:

Top two shots are my favorites. Wonderful set.

6. Nise says:

Awww…. makin’ me miss my kitties! We have one of those cat ledges, too. They love it.

I adore that last shot. GORGEOUS

7. Rebecca says:

What a gorgeous pic of the beach! And I smiled at the pic of your kitty. I live with a shutterbug and my iphone – MY iPHONE – is filled with hundreds of pics of our cats taken by my husband. He takes fabulous pictures as well. Shutterbugs definitely have an eye. I would miss the opportunity to take most of these shots because I don’t have the proper “eye” to see them with. Thank you for coming over and visiting my blog and leaving that lovely comment. Best, Rebecca

8. LL Cool Joe says:

That shot is delightful!

9. Maggie says:

Love the 4 leaf clover!

10. Robyn Engel says:

Love the vantage point of that zen cat. Nice photos.

11. jesterqueen says:

Your pictures are so vivid and rich.

I gave you an ABC award! If you don’t do the blog award thing, no sweat, but if you’re interested, drop by jesterqueen to pick it up.

12. wayne says:

Very nice pics. Amazing how bad weather can equal beautiful pictures.

13. Tela says:

i love the perspective of looking straight down on the sleeping kitty!

14. lisleman says:

I like the two shots of sea and sky meeting at a dark line. Just wondering is the oil spill damage mostly gone now? I’ve seen a TV ad (paid for by the oil company) promoting the tourism of the gulf.

1. Tara R. says:

The worst of the spill was more west of us, Louisiana and Texas. The beaches look great. When it happened, we had community cleaning crews out 24/7 and they did a wonderful job.

2. I am from coastal Louisiana. Amazingly, a lot of the oil has been cleaned up. Long term damage is evidenced in the sky high prices for seafood. In my hometown, prices were dirt cheap, since fisherman were eager to sell what was not picked up by big companies. Now, oysters and shrimp are very expensive, and I doubt the quality of what I eat.

1. Tara R. says:

Louisiana was definitely affected worse than Florida. Long-term effects may be never be fully measured.

15. Jientje says:

I love the sky in that last one. Your cat sure know the good spots in the house! Water neverwhere made me smile, love that one too! They’re all great, as usual!!

16. Vidya Sury says:

Wo ho ho! Now that am done getting distracted by your lovely refreshing header and finding the watermarks …. mmmm. love the moment of zen and the water neverwhere!

Your blog is always a pleasure to watch for, Tara!

17. ttmillers says:

Your kitty looks like my kitty! :-) I show my husband your photos every time. He likes how you place your settings under each one. He has a Nikon D700

18. BLOGitse says:

I can see a little bit green already!
    In Helsinki the weekend has been SUNNY! a miracle after a long, dark winter….
    Have a good week ahead!