Enjoying it while I can

As I did on Christmas Eve, I spent New Year’s Eve at the beach.

All of this gorgeous, warm winter weather has me a little concerned about the remainder of the season and that Mother Nature is saving up for something truly epic ~ apocalyptic epic, New Ice Age sort of cold.

I’m a little skeered. I don’t do cold well. I’m gonna enjoy this mild weather while I can.

(These photos were taken at Grayton Beach State Park and Ed Walline Park near Santa Rosa Beach, FL)

Dune Lake
Sand castles
Grayton Beach
Gulf Place
Beachwalk jungle
Cold blooms
Wintering at the beach

(Photos shot with a Nikon D60, using an 18-55mm, 55-200mm, 20mm f/2.8 wide-angle, 50mm f/1.8 prime lens, Nikon CoolPix S205 and/or iPhone4)

For more photos, please visit my Flickr photostream.

Unknown MamiTo see other city scenes from around the world, check out Unknown Mami’s Sundays in My City. Don’t forget to show the love to Mami and the other City contributors.

1. Tela says:

a really beautiful set! happy new year!

2. Denise says:

Oh those sand castles are equal parts sad (so lonely) and beautiful (signs of a good time had). Love that shot!

3. BLOGitse says:

It’s mild here too – first winter in 80 years we haven’t had snow this time of the year!
    But the forecast is – snow this afternoon! I could fly to your beach – I’m not a winter person….

Happy New Year!

4. Mama Zen says:

These are gorgeous! I love the sand castles.

5. unknownmami says:

The birdie and the drips are my favorite.

I’m a warm weather beach fanatic. When I see those pictures I see spring or summer.

In fact, you warmed me up today.

7. Patti says:

Wonderful photos, Tara. I’m on my way to Florida, so a nice temperate 75 degrees would be lovely.

8. Joyce-Anne says:

I am with you, I don’t like the cold. Mother Nature is bound to hit us really hard very soon (at least here in the north). Meanwhile, enjoy the sunshine and mild temperatures!

9. Melisa says:

I totally agree with you. It’s still in the low 30’s here in Chicago, which is pretty mild for January 1. I’m a little scared, myself!

10. Keetha says:

So beautiful.

11. territerri says:

LOVE the Beachwalk Jungle and the faucet! Beautiful! So it’s been unseasonably warm there too? Yesterday while running errands here, I saw people walking around in sweatshirts and playing golf! GOLF! In Minnesota! In December! But we finally got a little snow last night and it looks like winter is finally going to make an appearance.

Happy New Year!

12. I love the drips on the faucet as you drain out the last dregs of warm weather. I understood. I get skeered of cold weather, too. It’s not a nice feeling when one is near the water.

13. wayne says:

I love the picture of the bird. Happy New Year!

14. oh, mother nature, what have we done to you??? i feel you, girl. i’m having hot flashes, too.