Speed dating

At the Halloween mixer, I was paired with an impressively hirsute lycanthrope. His sideshow worthy pelt made me simultaneously itch in anticipation and stifle a ticklish giggle at the thought of our bare skin touching.

I briefly fantasized his growl being deeper than my Samoyed’s if I ran my fingers through his luxurious coat. Wondering too if he shed during Indian summer heat.

The tufts of fur poking above his collar were notably more grey than his hair. It made me curious about how many bottles of Grecian Formula it would take to get the carpet to match the drapes.

The 100 Word Challenge, a writing prompt created by Velvet Verbosity, takes a single theme to tell a story in only 100 words ~ no more, no less. This week’s theme is ‘Halloween.’

Have a Safe and Happy Halloween!

1. I, Rodius says:

Bueno! That was a fun one!

2. Elastamom says:

I love it when your wicked sense of humor comes through your posts!!!

3. Can’t. Stop. Laughing. That was AWESOME!

4. That’s freaking hilarious!

5. barbara says:

hahahahaha! LOVE the last line – and I can think of nothing more frightening at my age than speed dating – or any other type of dating. :)

I was singing “saw a werewolf drinking a Pina Colada at Trader Vics…and his hair was perfect” the whole time I read this.

The last line is hilarious.

Good 100 words

7. Lou Lohman says:

Not a problem, here. As I used to say to Annie – “No grass grows on a playground – no hair grows on my chest.”

8. Simply delicious. I ran a speed dating company for several years. I think he was one of our participants.

9. Robin Hawke says:

Loved this, now…tell me, am I correct? My guess is that the curtains are made from the wings of a rather large desmodus rotundus.

10. Melisa says:

Nice. I only had to use the dictionary twice! haha

11. Vidya Sury says: