Yellow light

This week was cold and rainy, after forecasts called for sun and cloudless skies… bygones. I still went out hoping to find something of interest. The cloud cover gave the landscape an odd yellowish tint, that in post-editing I bumped up a little.

I am ready for some warmth, clear skies, and bright light.

(Photos shot with a Nikon D60, using an 18-55mm, 55-200mm, 20mm f/2.8 wide-angle, or 50mm f/1.8 prime lens and/or a Nikon CoolPix S205)

For more photos, please visit my Flickr photostream.

More Weekly Winners photo galleries can be found at I am Lotus. Please leave a little comment love for our lovely hostess and the other WW photogs.

To see other city scenes from around the world, check out Unknown Mami’s Sundays in My City. Don’t forget to show the love to Mami and the other City contributors.

Come check out my new challenge this week and get some valuable feedback from other photographers on your photo techniques and editing. See the challenge rules under Before & After on the nav bar. The link is posted on Saturdays and you and join in any time during the week.

1. Unknown Mami says:

I love the feathered fellow.

2. QandleQueen says:

The colors in the bird are so perfect

3. Terrie says:

i love the effect of the yellow! especially in the first one, the ocean colors are so cool, and really make the bird stand out.

4. I dunno. I sort of like stormy pics, too. So beautiful!

5. That last one is crazy awesome!

6. Laura says:

The third shot is simply stunning!!

7. Rebecca says:

I don’t know why an Adam Lambert (very old post) came up when I added my blog URL. Oh well…..I think I fixed it.

8. Rebecca says:

Aaawwww The beach! Where do you live? I followed you here from Unknown Mami~

9. Love the tangled wood…beautiful!

Ah, any picture that doesn’t have snow in it at this point, makes me happy!

10. Star Traci says:

I know what it is to miss a sunny day but I love the look of a beach on a grey day. I especially love the pic of the log. Beautiful work!

11. Such stunning beauty– Love the beach shot, the blues and whites are gorgeous.
    Happy weekend, jj

12. Sarah says:

Well our photos this week are certainly opposites aren’t they?! I like the black and white photo the best. There’s is something about the root system photos that I love.

13. may says:

I hate it when the forecast prediction is horribly wrong!!! :( Love all your captures!!!

14. Heather says:

The twisted stump & the beach shot is INCREDIBLE. I am so envious. All we have is ice & snow. *pout*

15. Melisa says:

16. Denise says:

There was a groupon offer this last week for photo-to-canvas printing. I didn’t do t because I didn’t feel I had any photos that belonged on canvas. Your photos however? I couldn’t pick just one!

That first photo is AMAZING. Such beautiful scenes!

17. Donna says:

Oh my gosh, that first capture of the bird flying over the water is awesome!The colors of the water and the shadow of the bird…perfect.The last photo is spot on! The depth of field and the crisp beauty of the bird kudos to you!

18. I love the trees…. very beautiful pics!

19. territerri says:

These give me a great feel for what winter feels like in Florida. The beach scene with all those clouds has such bright colors, but it does feel cold!